American Management Association New Media team will be doing a webcast with Brian Cole Miller, author of Nice Teams Finish Last next week. He will be sharing how to establish accountability among your team.
Title: How to Make and Keep Your People Accountable the SIMPLE Way
Date: July 22, 2010
Time: 1:00 – 2:30 PM
This program gives time-pressed managers like you the proven, practical tactics you need to help your staff accomplish more. Using real-life experiences as examples, you’ll discover:
* How to implement the SIMPLE Approach to Accountability
* Advice for making employee goals quantifiable
* Approaches for clearly setting expectations and goals up front
* Ways to invite employee buy-in to meeting their goals
* How to pinpoint performance gaps that require further attention
* Key steps in delivering effective feedback
* How to effectively apply consequences to focus your employees’ behavior
* Effective tools to for measure employee progress
* And much more!
By using this systematic and consistent method, you’ll find that when your employees are held accountable for the work that must get done, it gets done—and then some!
Brian Cole Miller is the principal of Working Solutions, Inc., a management training and consulting firm whose clients include FranklinCovey, Nationwide Insurance, and the UPS Store. He is the author of the best-selling Quick Team-Building Activities for Busy Managers and Keeping Employees Accountable for Results.