Our American Management Association New Media Team will be doing a webinar with Scott Allen, author of The Virtual Handshake, next week. He will be sharing the ins and outs of using Facebook as a successful marketing tool for your business.
How to Use Facebook for Career and Business Success
August 17, 2010, 1:00PM – 2:30 PM
Many people believe that Facebook is for keeping tabs on friends, sharing family photos, and filling out quizzes, but that is a mistake because it can also be used as a highly effective business tool.
The real payoff comes when you tap into networks of colleagues, customers, and former classmates.
This 90-minute Webinar shows you how to leverage Facebook more effectively whether you are looking to find a job, advance your career, grow your business, or develop a robust global network of business colleagues and advisors.
What You Will Learn
* Essential dos and don’ts for setting up your account
* The differences between Facebook and other social media tools
* How to connect effectively with others using groups and other tools
* Essential steps to create a career-friendly profile
* How to keep your page active and interesting
* Strategies for delivering content and engaging other Facebook users
* How to create an effective page that supports and expands your business
* Facebook applications that can be used to support your business
* Paid advertising on Facebook: How to make it work
* And much more!
Click HERE to sign up for the webinar.
For more information on The Virtual Handshake click HERE.
Scott Allen is a 22-year veteran technology entrepreneur, executive and consultant. Since 2002 he has worked as an independent social media strategist and speaker, helping individuals and companies transform virtual relationships into real business. Allen is an active blogger at TheVirtualHandshake.com, LinkedIntelligence.com and SocialMediaIsMyMiddleName.com.
He is coauthor of The Virtual Handshake: Opening Doors and Closing Deals Online, the first book on the business use of social media, and The Emergence of the Relationship Economy, a forward look at how social media will transform business, politics and society. He is also a contributing author to numerous books on social media, marketing, entrepreneurship and working virtually..