Our American Management Association New Media Team will be doing a webinar with Scott Allen, author of The Virtual Handshake, next month. He’ll be sharing how to utilize and maximize the professional advantages of LinkedIn to boost your career.
How to Use LinkedIn to Excel in Your Current Position and Plan For Your Next
September 16, 2010, 1:00PM – 2:00 PM
Savvy business professionals are using LinkedIn to build relationships, meet new contacts, and market themselves.
Did you sign up for LinkedIn, play around for a few days or weeks and then think… what now?
Joining a social media Website like LinkedIn is simple, but turning it into a powerful networking tool takes a bit of thought and a strategy.
This Webinar provides you with a step-by-step lesson on using this powerful business tool in your current job and as roadmap for your next career move.
You can waste huge amounts of time on social media sites like LinkedIn. That’s where this Webinar can really help you. By understanding how to use LinkedIn to your advantage, you’ll be able to maximize the time you spend using it.
For 90 minutes, you’ll discover a wealth of tips and suggestions for using LinkedIn to help you gain a successful business advantage:
* The latest “dos and don’ts” for building an effective profile that gains maximum exposure in search engines
* Tips for direct one-to-one outreach—the right way to find and connect with others
* Ways to create value from the networks of others
* Effective use of the Q & A function—how do you find the nuggets, what and when to answer, and potential legal liabilities
* How to use the answers section to be recognized as—or to find—an expert in your field
* Understanding and utilizing the power of LinkedIn groups
* How LinkedIn can be used as a tool for competitive research and product Launches
* Stealth strategies for seeding conversations
How to maximizing productivity—profiles and routines (how often do you check it, avoiding e-mail overload, etc.)
* Ways to merge blog feeds into your profile
* Understand how and why a paid LinkedIn membership can be of value to you
Seating is limited, so register now.
Click HERE to sign up for the webinar.
For more information on The Virtual Handshake click HERE.
Scott Allen is a 22-year veteran technology entrepreneur, executive and consultant. Since 2002 he has worked as an independent social media strategist and speaker, helping individuals and companies transform virtual relationships into real business. Allen is an active blogger at TheVirtualHandshake.com, LinkedIntelligence.com and SocialMediaIsMyMiddleName.com.
He is coauthor of The Virtual Handshake: Opening Doors and Closing Deals Online, the first book on the business use of social media, and The Emergence of the Relationship Economy, a forward look at how social media will transform business, politics and society. He is also a contributing author to numerous books on social media, marketing, entrepreneurship and working virtually.