Our American Management Association New Media Team will be doing a webinar with Nannette Rundle Carroll, author of The Communication Problem Solver, next month. She’ll be sharing 5 powerful techniques for taking control of your communications.
How to Be a Communication Problem Solver
September 23, 2010, 1:00PM – 2:30 PM
5 Powerful Techniques for Taking Control of Your Communications
How you communicate on a daily basis affects your career success.
When you deliberately take the initiative to make every communication cooperative and clear, you can enjoy successful relationships and accomplish more of your goals.
This Webinar explores simple yet powerful techniques that can turn you into a people “magnet” and make others want to work with you. In addition, you’ll see how you can use these tactics to cope with difficult situations and deflect others’ antagonistic comments.
During this Webinar you’ll learn five techniques to take charge of your interpersonal relationships, deal with cranky people, and develop the reputation as the person with whom people want to work.
In 90 minutes, you’ll discover powerful tips and techniques for:
* Exiting the Judgment Box: Negative judgments derail problem solving and damage relationships and reputations. Break the habit and infuse your life with positive energy that gets you the results you want.
* Preventing and Solving People Problems at Work: Learn how to resolve common people problems, invigorate relationships and work collaboratively.
* Stopping Miscommunication in its Tracks: Ways to tighten up your listening skills and tactics for asking clarifying questions to sharpen your understanding in every situation.
* Keeping conversations on point: Ways to stay focused on the main topic so that you don’t get caught in detours that can side-track the purpose of your discussions.
* Sustaining Positive Communications: Advice for remaining positive and collaborative, even in the face of unpleasantness.
With these tools, you can prevent and solve most misunderstandings before they explode into ongoing conflict. Remember that whether you’re dealing with family, friends, or colleagues, you are the catalyst for good communication and relationships.
This program shows you how.
Click HERE to sign up for the webinar.
For more information on The Communication Problem Solver click HERE.
Nannette Rundle Carroll is a popular speaker, management trainer, and communications consultant. She is also a top-rated faculty member with the American Management Association and author of The Communication Problem Solver.