Our American Management Association New Media Team did a webcast with John Baldoni, author of 12 Steps to a Power Presence and Kurt Mortensen, author of The Laws of Charisma. They shared the importance of leveraging leadership in the workplace.
Influence and Power: Improve Your Ability to Lead
Nov 16, 2010 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EST
Within most organizations power does not come with authority but rather from influence.
“Leadership presence” is a form of communication that can be learned. In this Video Webcast, John Baldoni and Kurt Mortensen will explore the hows and the whys of influence and power, giving you insight into how you can shape and define your influence to boost your career.
Using real-life examples, you’ll hear how effective leaders build influence and use it to wield their power in a way that gets results.
What You Will Learn
* Why leveraging your “influence” is so important today
* The key skills you need to be regarded as influential
* How to use your influence to bring about change and avoid the status quo
* Ways to use a collaborative approach to build your influence with colleagues, customers, and vendors
* Advice on building relationships with senior executives in your organization
* How to avoid coming across as an “out-for-yourself” leader
* Ways to undo your failure to keep a promise—whether to boss, staff, or customer
* Steps you can take now to increase your persuasiveness and influence
* Which communication mistakes can get in the way of how you captivate, inspire and influence others
While attending the Webcast is FREE.
Click HERE to listen to the archived webcast.
For more information on 12 Steps to a Power Presence, click HERE.
For more information on The Laws of Charisma, click HERE.
John Baldoni is an internationally recognized leadership consultant, speaker, and author of many books, including Lead Your Boss and co-author of The AMA Handbook of Leadership. He was named one of the “30 Most Influential Leadership Gurus” for 2007 by http://www.LeadershipGurus.net. His leadership writings have appeared in BusinessWeek.com and FastCompany.com, and he has been featured or quoted in publications including the New York Times, USA Today, and Investor’s Business Daily.
Kurt Mortensen is one of America’s leading authorities on persuasion, motivation, and influence. A highly sought-after consultant, trainer, seminar leader, and speaker, he is the author of Laws of Charisma, Maximum Influence and Persuasion IQ.