AMACOM, American Management Association’s Publishing Division (www.amacombooks.org) is seeking a Sales & Marketing Associate, who will position, market and sell print and electronic copies of all AMACOM books, with a specific emphasis on helping to launch each new seasonal list. This position reports to the Director of Trade Sales & Marketing.
- Responsible for helping the trade department achieve its goals for revenue, profitability, and growth.
- Participate in packaging, positioning, and marketing of titles— while attending title and jacket meetings.
- Conduct competitive analysis and research
- Review and revise catalog and sales sheet copy to ensure proper positioning.
- Communicate with trade accounts and sales representatives.
- Create e-mail alerts for “breaking news.”
- Help maintain metadata that feeds key accounts.
- Assist with sales analysis and reporting.
- Involved in all aspects of the sales conference meetings, from planning to presenting a portion of the list, and participating in the business wrap-up.
- Act as key player on AMACOM’s e-book team.
- Responsible for managing e-book metadata.
- Work with digital asset distributor to ensure file delivery to growing list of accounts.
- Help track and report e-book and electronic rights sales.
- Arrange book signings and author appearances.
- Field author queries.
- Attend trade shows.
- Contribute to and support the overall activities of AMACOM.
- Other related duties.
- BA/BS required
- 2+ years of trade book publishing experience (preferred) ideally in marketing or sales; demonstrated interest in publishing required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and must be detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment
- Ability to work well independently and within a group.
- Occasional travel required.
An EEO/AA Employer, M/F/D/V – An ADA compliance organization.