AMACOM, American Management Association’s Publishing Division, is seeking a part-time Publicist, who will work with AMACOM’s publicity team on print, broadcast, and online/social media publicity for the AMACOM book list each season to increase consumer awareness of AMACOM books and ultimately to drive book sales.
- Work with Publicity Director and Publicity Manager on increasing AMACOM’s social media presence including AMACOM’s blog, Facebook, Google+, Foursquare, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Work on online campaigns for select books.
- Update media contacts in publicity database.
- Assist in researching new media contacts.
- Assist in researching new social media opportunities.
- Write copy, including galley letters.
- Help with clerical duties such as maintaining AMACOM’s library, review requests.
- Other related duties.
- BA degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of book publicity experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of social media including blogging, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, and other social media tools
- Some knowledge of HTML and SEO is preferable