Book reviewers, professors, librarians, journalists, booksellers, bloggers and other book industry professionals are invited to download an e-galley of The Job Search Checklist: Everything You Need to Know to Get Back to Work After a Layoff by Damian Birkel, now available for review through NetGalley. Submit your request for a review copy of The Job Search Checklist here.
Suffered a job loss? Learn how to get back on your feet and in the game in no time.
Losing your job can be a crushing setback, but the key is to remember the expression: “When one door closes, another one opens.” With the proven tips and tactics featured in The Job Search Checklist, you’ll learn how to turn your loss into opportunity and find another job fast. This indispensable guide covers everything from dealing with the emotional impact of being laid off to rebuilding your professional identity. You’ll get solid advice on:
• Developing a career plan by taking stock of your experience, abilities, and goals
• Crafting an effective résumé and building Internet-friendly documents
• Creating a “personal marketing plan” to promote yourself to potential employers
• Finding the hidden job market through in-person and online networking.
Downloadable templates, sample cover letters, a range of effective résumé formats, and even job search correspondence will help you customize your efforts. Helpful checklists throughout the book will get you on the right track and keep you there. You’ll also discover valuable strategies for interviewing and negotiating effectively, plus tips on hitting the ground running once you start that new—and better—job.
Damian Birkel is a certified career counselor and the founder of Professionals in Transition® Support Group. His job search methodology has been used by more than 5,000 out-of-work professionals to find new employment. His expertise has been featured on Fox News, CNN, NPR, and in USA Today, Fortune, Time, and The Wall Street Journal.
NetGalley is a service for people who read and recommend books, such as book reviewers, journalists, librarians, professors, booksellers, and bloggers.
There are a number of different reading options for this e-galley:
- Quick Browse. Preview the galley using NetGalley’s web-based reader.
- Download Galley. Read a Protected (DRM) galley on your computer, Sony Reader, B&N’s Nook, Kobo Reader, or other device. You’ll need Adobe Digital Editions (free software). You can also read on your iPad or iPhone via the Bluefire Reader app.
- Kindle. Send a NetGalley file to your Kindle device, using your @Kindle.com or @free.Kindle.com email address. Make sure to follow the instructions here. Note: The Kindle button works for Kindle devices only. By pressing the orange Kindle button for a NetGalley title, you can send the file to your Kindle device. You will not be able to share that file with any Kindle apps (like Kindle for PC or iPhone).
- Email Publisher. This button will allow you to email the publisher directly to request a reading option not currently enabled.