Journalists, librarians, professors, book reviewers, booksellers, bloggers, and other book industry professionals interested in leadership topics can find Leadership 2030: The Six Megatrends You Need to Understand to Lead Your Company into the Future by Georg Vielmetter and Yvonne Sell in our NetGalley catalog. Submit a request here.
Business is changing—and leaders must change along with it.
The tumultuous changes of the past decade, including China’s economic rise and the financial meltdown, were just the beginning. The next cataclysmic wave is surging relentlessly ahead, demanding leaders who can steer their companies through complexity and change.
Drawn from original research conducted jointly with foresight company Z-Punkt and further analyzed by Hay Group, Leadership 2030 uncovers six megatrends that will dramatically impact organizations’ markets, cultures, systems, and processes:
1. Globalization 2.0: Asia dominates the global economy.
2. Climate change: Sustainability becomes imperative.
3. Individualism: Freedom of choice erodes loyalty.
4. Digitization: Boundaries blur between private and working lives.
5. Demographic changes: Aging populations intensify the talent war.
6. Converging technologies: The sharpest tech shift in history is around the corner.
Research findings and case studies provide compelling evidence of each megatrend and highlight the skills, capabilities, and attitudes leaders must cultivate, such as adaptability, collaboration, cultural sensitivity, strategic thinking, meaning creation, and more. In the rush to produce quarterly profits in chaotic conditions, the longer view is often obscured. This forward-thinking book helps businesses everywhere prepare for the seismic changes on the horizon.
Georg Vielmetter is the regional director of Leadership and Talent–Europe, for Hay Group and resides in Berlin, Germany.
NetGalley is a service for people who read and recommend books, such as book reviewers, journalists, librarians, professors, booksellers, and bloggers.
There are a number of different reading options for this e-galley:
- Quick Browse. Preview the galley using NetGalley’s web-based reader.
- Download Galley. Read a Protected (DRM) galley on your computer, Sony Reader, B&N’s Nook, Kobo Reader, or other device. You’ll need Adobe Digital Editions (free software). You can also read on your iPad or iPhone via the Bluefire Reader app.
- Kindle. Send a NetGalley file to your Kindle device, using your @Kindle.com or @free.Kindle.com email address. Make sure to follow the instructions here. Note: The Kindle button works for Kindle devices only. By pressing the orange Kindle button for a NetGalley title, you can send the file to your Kindle device. You will not be able to share that file with any Kindle apps (like Kindle for PC or iPhone).
- Email Publisher. This button will allow you to email the publisher directly to request a reading option not currently enabled.