We’ve just added Trajectory: 7 Career Strategies to Take You from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be by David L. Van Rooy to the AMACOM NetGalley catalog. If you’re a book reviewer, journalist, librarian, professor, bookseller, blogger, or other book professional interested in career development submit a request for Trajectory
When the economy’s difficult and jobs aren’t secure, people tend to focus on the short term…on survival. But what they don’t grasp is how their current position could be a springboard to their next position–or even the one after that. Caught between a fear of failure and a desire for instant success, they limit the risks they take, unwittingly limiting their opportunities. As much as they want to get ahead, they simply can’t see how to get there.
Trajectory is the answer. Each and every person has their own “trajectory” or career path–and this timely and refreshingly practical new book presents seven strategies designed to help anyone create and manage theirs. Readers will discover how to:
● Make the most of feedback
● Avoid stagnation and break through plateaus
● Think big, act small, and move quick
● Achieve growth through failure
● Move to the front of the pack through persistence
● Continuously develop both “soft” and “hard” professional skills
● And much more
Career success doesn’t happen overnight. From building relationships with mentors, to positioning (and repositioning) yourself for promotion–this essential guide provides the tools you need for a lifetime of advancement.
David L. Van Rooy, Ph.D., is Senior Director, Global Organizational Effectiveness at Walmart, where he is responsible for the world’s largest Employee Engagement and Performance Management programs. He has also overseen the development of talent management programs for leading companies, including Burger King and Marriott International.
NetGalley is a service for people who read and recommend books, such as book reviewers, journalists, librarians, professors, booksellers, and bloggers.
There are a number of different reading options for this e-galley:
- Quick Browse. Preview the galley using NetGalley’s web-based reader.
- Download Galley. Read a Protected (DRM) galley on your computer, Sony Reader, B&N’s Nook, Kobo Reader, or other device. You’ll need Adobe Digital Editions (free software). You can also read on your iPad or iPhone via the Bluefire Reader app.
- Kindle. Send a NetGalley file to your Kindle device, using your @Kindle.com or @free.Kindle.com email address. Make sure to follow the instructions here. Note: The Kindle button works for Kindle devices only. By pressing the orange Kindle button for a NetGalley title, you can send the file to your Kindle device. You will not be able to share that file with any Kindle apps (like Kindle for PC or iPhone).
- Email Publisher. This button will allow you to email the publisher directly to request a reading option not currently enabled.