We’re looking to hire a Sales & Marketing Associate who will market and sell print and electronic copies of all AMACOM books, with a specific emphasis on helping to launch each new seasonal list.
- Responsible for helping the trade department achieve its goals for revenue, profitability, and growth.
- Participate in packaging, positioning, and marketing of titles— while attending title and jacket meetings.
- Conduct competitive analysis and research
- Communicate with trade accounts and sales representatives.
- Create e-mail alerts communicating “breaking publicity news” to the sales reps.
- Help maintain print metadata that feeds key accounts.
- Download and distribute weekly Bookscan sales information for business category and AMACOM titles.
- Involved in all aspects of the sales conference meetings, from planning to presenting a portion of the list, and participating in the business wrap-up.
- Act as key player on AMACOM’s e-book team.
- Help prepare and maintain e-book metadata.
- Prepare e-book and electronic rights sales sheets for revenue reporting.
- Arrange book signings and author appearances.
- Field author queries.
- Attend trade shows.
- Contribute to and support the overall activities of AMACOM.
- Other related duties.
- BA/BS required.
- 2+ years of trade book publishing experience (preferred), ideally in marketing or sales; demonstrated interest in publishing required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for details.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, creative writing ability a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently in a busy environment, and also work as a team member on projects.
- Occasional travel required.