The newest addition to our NetGalley catalog is Parenting with a Story: Real-Life Lessons in Character for Parents and Children to Shareby Paul Smith. Book reviewers, journalists, academics, bloggers, librarians, booksellers and other book professionals interested in the ways storytelling can be used in parenting and teaching children at different ages are invited to request Parenting with a Story for review.
Teach them what matters—one story at a time.
Tell a young person what to do—play fair, be yourself, stick to the task at hand—and most will tune you out. But show them how choices and consequences play out in the real world, with real people, and the impact will be far more profound.
Parenting with a Story gathers 101 narratives from people around the world and from all walks of life, reflecting unexpected moments of clarity about who they are and how they should treat others. The lessons illuminate the power of character—integrity, curiosity, creativity, grit, kindness, patience, gratitude, and more—to prepare us for anything.
Sometimes heart-wrenching, sometimes funny, always compelling, these stories impart wisdom and help steer choices about:
• Resisting peer pressure
• Remaining open-minded
• Being humble
• Making courageous decisions
• Standing by their word
• Bouncing back from failure
• Showing compassion
• Picking friends wisely
• And more
Stories help shape who we are and who we aspire to become. Share these, discuss them, and watch your child grow into the adult you’ll be proud of.
Paul Smith is a dedicated father of two and an expert trainer in leadership and storytelling techniques. As the author of the popularLead with a Story, he has seen his work featured in The Wall Street Journal, Time, Forbes, The Washington Post, Success, and Investor’s Business Daily, among others.
NetGalley is a service for people who read and recommend books, such as book reviewers, journalists, librarians, professors, booksellers, and bloggers.
There are a number of different reading options for this e-galley:
- Download Galley. Read a Protected (DRM) galley on any major reading device, or on your computer. Click here to see the list of supported devices and instructions for each.
- Kindle. Send a NetGalley file to your Kindle device, using your @Kindle.com or @free.Kindle.com email address. Make sure to follow the instructions here.
- Submit Feedback. After reading the e-galley, don’t forget to submit feedback via NetGalley and post your review online.