To understand the future of leadership, sometimes it makes sense to look to the past. The latest addition to our NetGalley catalog is The Ten Golden Rules of Leadership: Classic Wisdom for Modern Leaders by M.A. Soupios and Panos Mourdokoutas.
Leadership truths that stand the test of time.
Skills and experience might land you a leadership position, but they don’t make you a true leader.
Leadership comes from inside—and the greatest leaders first question themselves before they tackle the world around them. To aid in this critical interrogation, The Ten Golden Rules of Leadership explores ideas from Aristotle, Heraclitus, Sophocles, Hesiod, and other great thinkers, including:
- Know thyself
- Do not waste energy on things you cannot change
- Nurture community
- Always embrace the truth
- Let competition reveal talent
- Live life by a higher code
- Understand that character is destiny
Then it shows you how to take each idea—along with what you’ve learned about yourself—and apply it to the challenges of the modern workplace. As Aristotle tutored Alexander the Great, you too will learn what it takes to conquer all.
M. A. Soupios, Ph.D., is professor of political philosophy at Long Island University, where he has taught for more than 30 years. He holds eight graduate degrees including four earned doctorates. Panos Mourdoukoutas, Ph.D., is a professor of economics at Long Island University. A regular contributor to Forbes.com, he has been published in Barron’s, The New York Times, The Japan Times, Newsday, and other publications.
NetGalley is a service for people who read and recommend books, such as book reviewers, journalists, librarians, professors, booksellers, and bloggers.
There are a number of different reading options for this e-galley:
- Download Galley. Read a Protected (DRM) galley on any major reading device, or on your computer. Click here to see the list of supported devices and instructions for each.
- Kindle. Send a NetGalley file to your Kindle device, using your @Kindle.com or @free.Kindle.com email address. Make sure to follow the instructions here.
- Submit Feedback. After reading the e-galley, don’t forget to submit feedback via NetGalley and post your review online.