The American Management Association New Media team hosted a webcast with Ted Coiné and Mark Babbitt, authors of A World Gone Social: How Companies Must Adapt to Survive. They covered how companies and their managers can embrace the use of social media to improve business and stay ahead of the competition.
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern
Meeting Number: 17871-00001
Find the Archived Webcast Here
Social media has become an insurmountable market force, changing how we innovate, collaborate, serve our customers, hire and develop team members, motivate others toward a common mission, communicate with stakeholders, display our character, and demonstrate accountability.
The Social Age is about everyone within the organization developing their own brand, and using that brand to enhance the brand-power through employee advocacy. Today, every manager must embrace social media — for their own career and to be a part of what their team, and perhaps the competition, is already doing.
This webcast explores how companies can leverage their managers to become active participants in this 24/7 conversation. You will also learn:
- How to manage social employees (the good, the bad, and when things turn ugly)
- Tips for leveraging social to turn your organization into a customer-first, purpose-driven team
- Ways to identify your brand champions and internal advocates—and leverage their passion and talent
- How to enable an OPEN (Ordinary People | Extraordinary Network) circle of collaborators to innovate, solve complex problems, and achieve a common goal
- How to build a socially-enabled team full of “Relentless Givers”
- How to become the most valuable player on any Social Age team: the rare Social Leader (so rare we call them a “Blue Unicorn”)
- How organizations, from the newest start-ups and mom-and-pops to IBM and their 400k+ employees, are turning each team member into brand ambassadors
- How some companies doing social now—including early adopters—are doing social all wrong
- And much more!
Ted Coiné is CMO of Meddle.it, the next generation content marketing tool for organizations and individuals. A serial business founder and three-time CEO, Ted is a Forbes Top 10 Social Media Power Influencer and an Inc. Top 100 Leadership Expert. His stance at the crossroads of social and leadership gave Ted a unique perspective to identify the demise of Industrial Age management and the birth of the Social Age. He is coauthor of A World Gone Social.
Mark Babbitt is the CEO of YouTern, a talent community that enables those in career transition —from college students to workforce veterans—to become highly employable. Mark also serves as President of SwitchandShift.com, a site and consultancy dedicated to leadership in the Social Age, and is CMO and cofounder of ForwardHeroes.org, a non-profit that assists military veterans to successfully transition into the civilian workforce. He is coauthor of A World Gone Social.