The American Management Association New Media team hosted a webcast with Mark Goulston, author of Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone, Paperback Edition. Dr. Goulston discussed the steps that you can take to keep your composure and focus when stressful circumstances arise.
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern
Meeting Number: 17872-00001
Find the Archived Webcast Here
You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression, and if you lose control, people will always know that part of you exists and it will work against you. Dr. Goulston will share the 5 steps to gain control under pressure so you become that cool, calm, and collected person that you always wanted to be, but didn’t think you could. Among the things you will learn in this webcast are:
- How your amygdala hijacks you to kick you off balance and how you can foil such a hijack
- How to talk yourself down from fear and anger to acceptance and control
- How to have your internal mentors talk you back into control and how to remember what they meant to you
- How to realize that an “ounce of anticipation” is worth a “ton of poise”
- How to stay on diets and exercise regimens by making a Santa’s list of who’s been naughty and nice to you
Mark Goulston is a psychiatrist, business consultant, executive coach, and FBI and police hostage negotiation trainer. A bestselling author whose books include Get Out of Your Own Way and Get Out of Your Own Way at Work, he writes a column on leadership for Fast Company and Solve Anything with Dr. Mark for Tribune Media Services and is frequently called on to share his expertise by the media, including the Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Fortune, Newsweek, Time, Reuters, NPR, CNN, Fox News,and the Oprah and TODAY shows.