Plant-based diets are growing and growing in popularity, but it takes more than a resolution to eat more broccoli to commit to a plant-based life. Micaela Cook Karlsen, recognized expert in plant-based nutrition and a co-launcher of the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies, shows how anyone can go plant-based in A PLANT-BASED LIFE: Your Complete Guide to Great Food, Radiant Health, Boundless Energy, and a Better Body (AMACOM July 2016). Journalists, booksellers, book reviewers, librarians, and media professionals interested in health, nutrition, and/or the plant-based diet are invited to request A Plant-Based Life for review.
Whole food for a whole new you.
More people than ever are eating a whole-food, plant-based diet. Studies show that it is better for our bodies and better for the planet—but it isn’t always easy.
Let A Plant-Based Life be your guide. Whether you’re taking your first steps on this path to wellness or recommitting yourself to success, author Micaela Cook Karlsen clearly maps the way. Her program enables you to set your own pace and stay the course—without relying on willpower. Drawing on personal experience and the latest research, she reveals how to:
• Find and sustain your motivation
• Gradually add more whole, plant foods into your diet, crowding out less nutritious fare
• Break old food addictions and establish new habits
• Translate favorite recipes to create delicious, nourishing meals
• Reshape your food environment (at home, at work, and on the go) to make healthy eating a no-brainer
• Cultivate relationships that celebrate and support your new lifestyle
Especially valuable are directions for navigating roadblocks. Here you’ll find strategies for getting family members on board and for allaying friends’ concerns about your food choices with evidence-based nutrition information. Take advantage of shopping tips, pantry lists, menu plans, and more than 100 mouth watering recipes, with contributions from plant-based leaders including Ann Crile Esselstyn, Cathy Fisher, Chef AJ, Craig Cochran, Chef Del Sroufe, Jeff Novick RD, Julieanna Hever MS RD CPT, Kathy Pollard MS, Kris Carr, Matthew Kenney, Matthew Lederman, MD, Micah Risk, Priscilla Timberlake and Lewis Freedman RD, Robby Barbaro, and Susan Benigas.
If your goal is a healthier, more energized—exuberant—life, make this book your personal GPS. The journey will be more satisfying than you ever imagined.
NetGalley is a service for people who read and recommend books, such as book reviewers, journalists, librarians, professors, booksellers, and bloggers.
There are a number of different reading options for this e-galley:
- Download Galley. Read a Protected (DRM) galley on any major reading device, or on your computer. Click here to see the list of supported devices and instructions for each.
- Kindle. Send a NetGalley file to your Kindle device, using your @Kindle.com or @free.Kindle.com email address. Make sure to follow the instructions here.
- Submit Feedback. After reading the e-galley, don’t forget to submit feedback via NetGalley and post your review online.