Our rules are simple: type friendly, responding to the subject of the blog post without advertising (you know that fine line between informing and annoying). Be a part of the community and contribute to the conversation.
No attacks, no spammers, no explicit material, and nothing too personal. We will not approve and/or delete comments that don’t follow the rules.
Why? Because we want to make this a great place for people to get together and talk.
Our formal terms in scary legal lingo are below.
AMACOM Terms of Service
• How AMA collects and uses Personally Identifiable Information.
• With whom AMA may share Personally Identifiable Information.
• The choices available to you, as a Website visitor, regarding collection, use and sharing of Personally Identifiable Information.
• The security procedures that AMA has in place for Personally Identifiable Information under our control.
Collection and Use
AMA does not collect any Personally Identifiable Information from you except when you expressly volunteer the information. This includes when you:
• Use or participate in various services or features made available on the Website (including, for example and without limitation, blogs and other user communities).
• Use various tools to select AMA products and services that are suitable for your Website visit.
• Request contact with an AMA representative.
• Provide AMA with comments, questions or feedback about AMA products and services or your Website experience.
“Personally Identifiable Information” includes, for example, your name; home or business address; e-mail address; telephone, wireless and/or fax number; short message service or text message address or other wireless device address; instant messaging address; credit card and other payment information; employment information and work experience; demographic information and/or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
Among other things, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information to respond to your requests and inquiries and to provide you with the services and features offered on or through the Website.
Personally Identifiable Information also may be collected when you apply for a position with AMA or a program sponsored by AMA. In these cases, Personally Identifiable Information is used only for the purpose of processing and evaluating the application.
The Personally Identifiable Information you give us via the Website may be combined with other Personally Identifiable Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and other sources (including, without limitation, our worldwide databases). This information may be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient and will help us to improve the operations and maintenance of our Website and business.
Sharing Personally Identifiable Information
AMA may share Personally Identifiable Information collected electronically through its Website in the following ways:
• When you contribute to a public area or feature of our Website, such as one of our online communities, messaging services, chat services, bulletin boards, message boards, blogs or other such open forums, the information that you submit will be made available to the general public. For this reason, we recommend that you exercise caution in the submission of Personally Identifiable Information to these areas of our Website as it will be publicly accessible.
• We may use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information in order to investigate any claim or suspicion of a violation of our Website Terms of Service, to assist with law enforcement investigations, or as otherwise required by law.
AMA may transfer Personally Identifiable Information to a third party in the event of a sale of stock, merger or consolidation, or other transfer of all or a portion of the assets of AMA, whether voluntarily or by operation of law. In addition, such a transfer may mean that your Personally Identifiable Information is transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In using the Website and the various features and services made available thereon, you consent to such transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information.
Website Usage information—Not Linked to Personally Identifiable Information
AMA’s Website contains links to other sites. Some links are to sites of AMA’s partners that offer AMA customers and Members a variety of special products and services. Please be aware that AMA is not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices on or of such other sites. We trust that you are aware when you leave the AMA Website, and we encourage you to read the privacy statements of each site to which ours is linked.
This Website takes reasonable precautions to protect Personally Identifiable Information submitted to AMA via its Website. However, because the Internet is an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. When possible, certain sensitive Personally Identifiable Information is encrypted and protected using SSL software. To learn more about SSL, follow this link.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personally Identifiable Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would try to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, if we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the alternative contact information you would like us to use.
If you have any questions about privacy at the AMA Website, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Consent to Worldwide Transfer and Processing of Personal Data
Notification of Changes
Problems or Complaints